It’s that time of year, the time when wallets get lighter and waistlines larger. The Epcot Food and Wine festival is upon us, and this year with more pizazz than ever before.
To celebrate the 20th anniversary, Epcot is going above and beyond previous years to offer the largest selection of countries and experiences.
However, not everyone can eat around the world, so here are the points you don’t want to miss:
– Beef tips, Africa: Beautifully plated spicy and savory beef tips cannot be missed this year. While I’m still irritated that Disney lumps an entire continent into one small booth, I’m beyond pleased with my experience in Africa (but then again, I’m totally biased).
– Apple drink, Poland: It’s literally an apple pie slushie with vodka. Nothing could be wrong about this beverage, not even the $9 price tag. The biggest challenge is deciding whether you should eat it with a spoon or a straw.
– Chocolate pudding, Ireland: This bite-sized desert has been a favorite of mine the last three years. A small chocolate cake morsel is drizzled with a Kerrygold creme sauce and has a molten, “lava” center. Paying $3.50 for such a small cake might seem too steep for some, but it’s worth the price.
– Mussels, New Zealand: I’m normally not a mussels or oysters fan. However, the seasoning and presentation of the seafood won me over.
– Loaded mac and cheese, Farm Fresh: I bought this in frustration because Farm Fresh booth got rid of the watermelon juice I loved so much. However, THIS IS SO GOOD. Delicious cheddar cheese with crispy bacon and scallions combine for a fancy mac and cheese dish I want to replicate at home.
As I continue my travels “eating around the world,” be sure to look for further updates and reviews!